4th Week of Training

 The sessions were about the impact of technology on teachers and classroom environments this week. We were separated into groups of 3-4 and asked to discuss the reflection questions that we had already answered as an assignment. During the discussion we had similar answers. However, some different ideas were shared as well. For example, I hadn't thought about negative impact of technology on kids until one of our friends mentioned. Getting new ideas and seeing things from different perspectives are the reasons that I like group works. It really helps with the way that I think. For the first time in 4 weeks, we had some time left after discussion. Our discussion was quick yet eye opening for me. Also, with the left time we kind of got to know each other better. After the group discussion, we shared our ideas as groups to the whole class. One thing I realized was that every one of us were concerned about the students' access to technological tools and connectivity. Everyone including our teacher gave some tips to solve those types of problems yet I don't think we can handle those problems as quickly as we want. While having those discussions, we used "linoit" as a tool to share our concerns/questions about integrating technology into our teaching environment. These discussions and  questions lasted for 2 sessions. 


In the last session, our teacher introduced new tools that could be used in teaching. The websites were mostly about "words/word clouds". Those were  wordwall, wordart, wordclouds and glogster. I couldn't decide which one is my favourite but I will be using them in future. We knew about wordart before as our teacher used it for another group task in the previous weeks. Lastly, our teacher explained important parts for our projects and answered our questions. That part was really helpful, it cleared the questions, concerns, problems we had in our minds. 
    I can say that I was feeling better and I was more concentrated on the lesson than last week. I enjoyed the group task and I found new materials/tools useful. I'm glad to know about them as a prospective teacher. I hope we can find solutions to the accessibility and connectivity problems as soon as possible. I also hope we can have better educated (both technology and pedagogy wise) teachers more in the field. It would really help with other problems happening because of technology use.  

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

ON KÜÇÜK ZENCİ- AGATHA CHRISTIE

MEMRISE, MONDLY, BUSUU

9th Week