2nd Week of Training

 This week we had two main topics; collobration skills and global englishes. In the first sessions we started with an activity. Our teacher showed us a picture and asked us to create a story with words used in the picture as a group. After discussing our stories, we were asked to create a storyline for the song we listened. I had a great time doing these tasks. Working as a group really helps me understand others and realize my own strengths in different roles . For example, I can see if I'm better at initiating the idea or creating ideas to back up the story while working collaboratively. Also noticing if I'm better at keeping notes and summarizing or keeping the track of time is possible in group work. So, doing these two activities not only made me have fun but also realize new sides of me. Last task on collaborative work was about finding the murderer. It was a fun game but I believe such games would be a lot easier in face to face education. We had few difficulties but in the end we could work few things out in the game. This game showed me that organizing the group from the very beginning is the most important part of collaborative work. Then our teacher taught us about few new websites -new for me- to use for brainstorming and mind mapping like Coggle. She also explained details about Google Drive for us to use in future as teachers. 


In the last session our focus was on Global Englishes. We were asked to discuss our answers regarding the reflection questions. Since we had already read the articles and done the assignment, we had an idea about the discussion topic. I really enjoyed our discussion as a group. All of us could easily, comfortably talked about our ideas. For every question we had similar views in our answers. I also loved our group dynamic and had fun while discussing. Then we talked about our group answers, gave ideas, support each other's thoughts or add new points to them. Our focus was on native, non native English teachers and assessment.

For this week, I can say that not only did I enjoy the activitites but also had a wider view of Global Englishes in education. I learnt new tools to use in lessons just like I did last week. Noticing my strong and weak abilities in collaborative works was the most significant part for me, especially in the first session. I also noticed that reading about the topics beforehand is making the sessions easier for me to comprehend. We should keep the pre readings and have group activities-discussions. 

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

ON KÜÇÜK ZENCİ- AGATHA CHRISTIE

MEMRISE, MONDLY, BUSUU

9th Week