3rd Week of Teacher Training

 This week we discussed about  "digital citizenship, digital literacy, information literacy, copyright and licensing" topics. The session started with a match up game which included main terms of the chapters we were assigned. 9 terms were asked to match up with their definitions and I got 7 out of 9. I confused ICT with social media literacy if I'm not wrong. Then we continued our session with discussions made in groups. In our group we mainly had the same ideas about digital literacy, digital information, the skills of information literacy, the need for digital literacy and so on. However, when it comes to deciding the reliability of a source, one of our friends said something I would have never thought in my whole life, which was "checking if  the source has gsm number or not." She explained that in medical researches if there is a number we can contact and get more information from a professional which meant they were a credible source. This is a tactic  I will use from now on while deciding my sources.  After our group discussion, we were asked the same questions to discuss a "class. Every group talked about their own ideas yet our ideas were really similar. While our teacher talked about organizing sources and resources, I realized that I understood the question differently on the reflection task. I also couldn't find the right answer for elements of finding digital information while I answered by myself. When our teacher explained, I noticed the part it was mentioned on the chapter, which is something I won't forget because I felt a little bit silly. Since I was quite a bit tired from mid-term week, I can't exactly remember the order of the sessions.

    In the second session - If I'm not wrong- our teacher introduced few websites for us to use in our educational life. Diigo, mendeley, easybib and purdue edu was the ones I have never used. I believe I will be using them from now on. We also were informed about Dropbox and it's new features. 

   Lastly, we talked about digital safety, security and copyright/licensing. In our group discussion, I can again say that we answered questions similarly. 

From the 3rd week of our sessions, I remember few things clearly such as elements of finding digital information, the difference between copyright/licensing and patent, craap which was the initial of the stages/elements if evaluating information and  the websites/tools our teacher showed us. I believe next week I (or we) will be more diligent and will be listening more carefully. 

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

ON KÜÇÜK ZENCİ- AGATHA CHRISTIE

MEMRISE, MONDLY, BUSUU

9th Week